COVID-19 Research and Innovation Fund
Research and innovation are creativity in action. While research is often a long voyage of discovery guided by deep scientific expertise, innovation is just as often a sudden leap forward that meets an immediate need in a new way.
At Vanderbilt, our researchers and innovators are inspired to resolve real-world problems for the public good. Take the Vanderbilt researchers who created VU319, a new potential Alzheimer’s treatment nearly 10 years in the making, or the Vanderbilt student innovator who founded PATH EX around a novel dialysis-like treatment for life-threatening sepsis. Through the Wond’ry, Vanderbilt’s Innovation Center, we connect researchers and innovators from across all disciplines to break barriers to creativity.
We are now hard at work finding solutions for many of the challenges our society faces amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The new COVID-19 Research and Innovation Fund was created to seek your help in supporting faculty and students as they address urgent needs like:
- formulating a vaccine and better testing supplies
- keeping hospital staff and essential professionals healthy through the design of new protective devices
- supporting individuals and families with expert guidance on everything from managing stress, educating children at 民彩网网址, eating healthy and managing screen time while social distancing
- designing a virtual self-screening tool to help individuals assess their symptoms and seek appropriate healthcare
- tracking the spread of COVID-19 and mitigating future outbreaks through geospatial research
- developing ‘smart’ facemasks to better identify and track COVID-19 infections
- modifying how we conduct our routine tasks to reduce transmission of the virus
You are invited to become an important partner in these crucial efforts. With a gift of any size to the COVID-19 Research and Innovation Fund, you increase our cumulative resources and inspire Vanderbilt University researchers and innovators to keep fighting COVID-19. You can strengthen our ability to restore wellbeing in our neighborhoods and create positive changes for society. We can conquer COVID-19 together.